We met Debbie a few months ago and have seen how hard she works. Working full-time at a local Baltimore laundromat, she always has a smile for you! She is one of the reasons I choose to use that particular place.
But the other day, one of our group noticed she wasn’t smiling. She broke down into tears. That’s not Debbie. “You’re in terrible shape, Debbie. What is going on?” As she shared her struggle, our friend knew it was time for our group to action on her behalf. Sometimes you just need someone else in your corner, and Debbie needs all of us right now.
She, and her 16 year old son, will be homeless as of January 26th, 2011 unless we can come up with rent and utility money for her.
Let me tell you why she’s in this predicament. She is a single mom, raising a 16 year old son, and not receiving the court-appointed support. She works hard, full-time, but for minimal pay. None of our group has ever seen anything from Debbie other than exceptional character, love for people, hard work, and honesty. She has just been squeaking by the best she can.
So many times you don’t know if the person you are helping is “scamming” you. This is a case where you know you are helping a real person in a tough situation.
Please prayerfully consider helping out Debbie. You can do that by giving through an account set-up for assisting people at Water’s Edge. It is all tax deductible.
- Steps to take for the online system
- To pay online with your checking account, login to Pender UMC’s payment option.
- Click on the offering plate image.
- Set-up an account, if you don’t have one.
- After you have set-up your account, you’ll see a dropdown box (which says “unified budget”).
- You’ll need to select in that box the MISCELLANEOUS OFFERING.
- Type in “WATER’S EDGE PARTNERSHIP, for Debbie” … OR IT WON’T GO TO THIS!
- We need this posted no later than January 25th.
- Steps to take for mailing a check
- Write your check, made payable to Pender UMC, and put in the memo line “Water’s Edge, for Debbie”
- Mail the check to Water’s Edge Partnership, 1001 Fell St., Baltimore, MD 21231
- Drop our pastor an email to let us know it’s coming, so we know whether we’ve gotten enough money for Debbie. (sandy(at)watersedgepartnership.org)
- Remember we need money received on or before January 25th.